Table of Contents
Are you shopping for the ideal property investment in Sydney? Or perhaps you’re finally able to build your own home and you’ve got an appointment with the architect in town. So, what will you put on your priority list of features?
The wise approach is to prioritise features that will of course make your life comfortable. But don’t forget the importance of a property’s resale value. It’s better to invest in a building that will still seem attractive to buyers in a few years’ time. That’s why features like security, automation and even skylight installation Sydney locals find so popular should be on your checklist. And that’s only the beginning.
Our list shows you exactly how to make a smart decision
Smart Home All Around
It’s a term you’ll hear at every technology and innovation expo, but don’t think the smart home gadgets are only a fleeting trend. They’ve been around for a few years and new items come onto the market all the time.
With smart homes, the goal is to use technology and the internet—often via your mobile device—to help you manage your home environment. You can automate processes and change settings no matter where you are. Here are some examples:
- Close your garage door while you’re at work if you realise you forgot to close it. Of course, you’ll realise your mistake because you can monitor your premises via sensors and cameras.
- Set your HVAC to your desired temperature and let it maintain the desired temperature and humidity.
- Tell your coffee machine to start brewing your favourite cup of coffee so it’s ready when you get home from work.
- Operate your lights via your mobile, dimming them if necessary and making sure they’re not turned on when no one is in a particular room.
- Manage your entertainment system from anywhere in the home, so you can play your music whenever the mood takes you.
- A vacuum cleaner that’s voice-operated, so a spill is quickly taken care of.
Yes, it’s about luxury living but modern consumers are also concerned about the environment. Many of these features help you monitor and minimise energy consumption, creating a more eco-friendly home.
There’s a lot more you can do to minimise your carbon footprint and it’s an excellent sales factor if you need to sell your property one day. Your new home should have proper insulation to prevent heat loss during winter. This means you won’t put on those heaters as much.
You can also consider the garden. If there’s a way to capture rainwater easily and use it to water the plants, it’s one more way you’re helping to use natural resources responsibly. And what about solar panels so you can power some of your appliances without using electricity from the traditional grid?
An Abundance of Light
For most home buyers, natural light is a must have these days. Large windows and features like a skylight mean once again that you save energy since you won’t need as many lights switched on during the day.
A home with a lot of light can have psychological benefits on occupants, since the rooms won’t look gloomy. Even on rainy days you may not need too much artificial light.
Light also plays a role in how your home looks, since the natural light will help showcase your furniture and décor in the best way possible. Use mirrors to reflect that light within your rooms and it will transform the atmosphere for the better. Much better than switching on yet another globe!
State of the Art Security
Unfortunately, security is an essential on many homeowners’ priority lists. For some it’s about protection, while other simply want more privacy. So, make sure your home can accommodate a buyers’ needs.
Modern security features are quite interesting, so they may make your home even more fun to live in:
- Answer your doorbell from your mobile phone. You don’t have to walk to the door, so if you don’t want to talk to the person you can simply ask them to leave, without even getting up.
- The doorbell can be synced with a camera so you can see who is pressing the button.
- Quality cameras can record footage of trespassers after being activated by motion sensors. If they do damage your property, the footage can be used in court to prosecute them.
- Install cameras, speakers and microphones in your home so you can monitor what’s going on while you’re away. You can even speak to intruders via the speaker system to scare them away. And of course, you can instantly alert the authorities with a click of a button.
- Use a speaker system to monitor whether the babysitter acts according to your wishes.
Start this exciting journey in your home with peace of mind that you’ve made the right decision. Modern features are popular for a reason—they make life more enjoyable, safe and comfortable. So, don’t compromise or settle for second best!